This is a recipe that works wonders relieving gas and stomach bloating. I used it a lot during a Crohn’s flare up and I still use it today whenever I eat something that triggers stomach bloating, gas and a slow bowel transit. It is a combination of three (3) seeds: coriander/cilantro, cumin, and fennel. Each of the seeds have their unique benefits, and together they work to promote a more efficient digestion.
1. Coriander/cilantro seeds: It is a warming seed, it helps to assimilate nutrients, and aids in the elimination of natural toxins. It also helps producing digestive hormones and stimulates a better liver function.
2. Fennel seeds: It is considered a carminative, meaning that it is a good anti-flatulent by helping with gas elimination. Fennel seeds help normalize the appetite and enhance digestion.
3. Cumin seeds: It also helps with the expulsion of flatulence from the body, consequently relieving bloating. It reduces intestinal cramps and has analgesic properties, which means it can help reduce abdominal pain. It helps stimulate stomach secretions and fight bacteria that causes stomach ulcers and gastritis.
Ingredients (serving size- 1 serving- 8oz):
· ¼ teaspoon cumin seeds
· ½ teaspoon fennel seeds
· 1 teaspoon coriander/cilantro seeds
· ½ teaspoon of honey- optional
1. Bring 12 oz of water to boil in a pot.
2. Add all the seeds to the boiling water, bring heat to low and cover the pot.
3. Allow the seeds to release their properties into the water for about 5 minutes at low heat.
4. After 5 minutes, remove the water and seeds from the heat and allow to steep for 10 minutes with the pot covered.
5. Remove the seeds from the tea and add honey (optional).
6. Sip, enjoy and repeat until finished!!!
Note: Best to drink on empty stomach and 30 minutes after each meal!!!