Ingredients (serves 4-6 people)
½ cup of lentils
1 teaspoon of mixed cilantro, cumin and fennel seeds in powder
1 medium size potato
2 tablespoons of bone broth
1 teaspoon of ghee
¼ teaspoon of turmeric
2 tablespoons of chopped onions
Salt and Black pepper powder to taste
1. Soak lentils in water for 4-6 hours with 1/2 teaspoon of the mixed of seeds (cumin, cilantro, fennel). Wash and drain the water.
2. Place the lentils and the other 1/2 teaspoon of mixed seeds inside the pressure cooker or regular cooker (will take longer time to cook).
3. Peel the potato skin and cut into big pieces.
4. Cut the tomato in big pieces.
5. Add the potatoes to the lentils, add 2-3 cups of water and pressure cook to 3-4 whistles.
6. Once it is cooled down, remove the lid and put the cooked ingredients in a food processor and make a fine paste.
7. In a thick bottomed vessel, add oil or butter. When it is hot then add chopped onions and stir-fry to a light brown.
8. Add lentils paste, required water and bone broth to make the paste into liquid.
9. Bring to boil and remove from stove once it starts boiling.
10. Let cool down a few minutes, serve and enjoy!